Any Massachusetts librarians out there…?

Fri 3 Apr 2009 - Filed under: Not a Journal., | Leave a Comment | Posted by: Gavin

We just read the program guide for the Mass. Library Association’s annual conference and found it is full of fabulous things to do and people to see (Lynda Barry!). So our question to any librarians in Massachusetts is: can you help us get in?

Comments

No Responses to “Any Massachusetts librarians out there…?”

1. heather w on April 4th, 2009 4:16 pm

I won’t be a librarian in Massachusetts in time to help you get into the conference, but it looks like I’ll be moving to the Land of Small Beer Press in August, to start grad school (again). If you know anyone with a small, cat-friendly apartment to rent, I’m looking for one…

2. lcrw on April 5th, 2009 11:28 am

Hey Heather, which school are you going to and where do you want to rent? You never know, we might be able to help.

3. heather w on April 5th, 2009 12:31 pm

UMass, to study cultural geography. I’d like to be within half a mile of a bus stop (I don’t know when/whether I’ll have a car); access to the bike trail is a plus. I’m not sure about where. My guess is that I’d prefer Northampton, and I’d like to move in around Aug 1. I’ve poked around in craigslist a bit, and I’m hoping to get out there for a few days in late June to find something. I’m open to advice, suggestions, recommendations, tips, hints, etc — thanks!

4. Greer Gilman on April 7th, 2009 4:57 pm

I am a librarian. I could enquire.

5. lcrw on April 8th, 2009 12:02 pm

Could work! We have to ask at our local library, too. Maybe I will do that this week and see what happens.

6. Deborah on April 30th, 2009 2:27 pm

Ye gods (ye goddesses?), I WORSHIP Lynda Barry! Anyone who can literally make you laugh and cry at once deserves her very own shrine.

Did you get to go? Did you meet Her Awesomeness?

7. lcrw on May 8th, 2009 10:46 am

Deborah,

we went on Wednesday and Lynda Barry, she is the bomb! She is hilarious, smart, and just great on a panel. She and Kelly Hogan (a fantastic singer) teach a writing workshop together, so at some point maybe they will come east and do some. We got a couple of Kelly’s books signed and managed to not misspell our names when asked. Just!