According to Neilsen BookScan, our top five Small Beer Press bestsellers (excluding ebooks) for 2012 were:
- Maureen F. McHugh, After the Apocalypse
- Ursula K. Le Guin, The Unreal and the Real: Selected Stories of Ursula K. Le Guin
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Unreal and the Real: Selected Stories of Ursula K. Le Guin
- Kij Johnson, At the Mouth of the River of Bees
- Ted Chiang, Stories of Your Life and Others
- Eduardo Jiménez Mayo & Chris N. Brown, eds., Three Messages and a Warning: Contemporary Mexican Stories of the Fantastic
All short story collections or anthologies! Our publication dates all crept into the latter half of the year, really the last couple of months, so books such as Errantry and Earth and Air didn’t get much time out there in the world to see how they’d do. Also #6? Stranger Things Happen, #7? The Serial Garden. Short stories!