- One of our authors Karen Lord’s debut novel Redemption in Indigo makes a list of 20 SF books to look forward to. And they are right! (Although it is the first edition, not only the first US edition. Hey, but rights are available… ) Anyway, it’s great and great fun and wethinks you will enjoy it.
- SBP gets hauled out in a list of publishers reinventing publishing. Don’t know about that but it’s a list with some great people on it. (We all make that face when we pick up the mails as it is always the bills.)
-> Have you see Jeremy’s letter in Locus about getting to use a Richard Powers cover? (Ah, googlefound here) It is awesome and Eclipse 3 is on the the TBR list.
-> We will start an ebook store at some point and reinvent publishing. We will move from selling ideas on paper to just painted electrons on that gadgety new Apple tablet thing that we’re all going to get in spring.
- One of our authors (ha!) Alasdair Gray has designed a whisky bottle label—someone send us a bottle!
- We may be small beer but we are rarely Tinky Winky. Unlike banned by the beeb Enid Blyton. (Thanks Shana!)
- And the Rainbow Warrior sails into Edinburgh — go say hello!
- Pretty Monsters review.
- A.L. Kennedy writes about writing about sex.
- Various people write and talk about France being handed a win against Ireland and we worry that since now England and Ireland have lost to the magical handball will Scotland (and Wales) get the same treatment?
- Gwenda Bond does a great interview with Alan DeNiro.
- Where to get holiday cards.
- Prairie Lights has a wine bar! Want to go!