Brooklyn Book Festival

Sat 15 Sep 2007 - Filed under: Not a Journal., | 5 Comments | Posted by: Gavin

Today, Sunday, Sept. 16,  from 10 AM until 6 PM (plus or minus a few minutes, come on, this is us , after all) we will be joining the hordes at the Brooklyn Book Festival in Brooklyn, NY.

We should be at Table 27, easily distinguished by it’s whiff of late summer lavender and dancing goat display. Also, it is between tables 26 (Housing Works Bookstore Café) and 28 (BOMB Magazine). And near Drawn & Quarterly (32). And some 90+ others. Many of whom will have fascinating texts that might interest You, Dear Reader.

So take the train down (2, 3, 4, 5 to Borough Hall; R to Court Street; A, C, F to Jay Street/Borough Hall) or perhaps it will be lovely and you will want bike instead (aren’t cars banned from NYC by now?) and do drop by to say hello.

Comments

5 Responses to “Brooklyn Book Festival”

1. Meghan on September 16th, 2007 5:21 pm

so bummed I’m no longer in nyc! Did you guys see the One Story table? Did the end up wearing pith helmets?d

2. India on September 17th, 2007 12:33 pm

I definitely spotted One Story, but no pith helmets. Surely I’d remember seeing even a single pith helmet . . . ?

Nice seeing youse, Gavin and Jed! Sorry I had to run off to my table.

3. lcrw on September 20th, 2007 6:46 pm

It was a great fair, weather: great; people: great; wandering bookbuyers with wheeled bookbuying appurtenances: great.

Only thing missing was pith helmets. That and more street food. Next year!

4. GabrielM on September 28th, 2007 10:24 am

Darn, I was there with my daughter and would have stopped by but didn’t know you guys were in attendance! Clearly I should check this blog more often….

GabrielM

5. lcrw on September 28th, 2007 11:03 am

Sorry we missed you Gabe. It was a beautiful day, busy, fun, all that. Next time we are down is for Kelly reading in Manhattan:

Kelly Link, Shelley Jackson, Lucy Corin @ PPOW, NYC
    Fri, Oct 5, 19:00 – 20:00
    555 W 25th St, NY, NY 10001
    A Tin House reading. Kelly Link, Shelley Jackson, and Lucy Corin read at the PPOW Gallery. The gallery is hosting an exhibition of Tin House’s feature cover artist, Julie Heffernan’s paintings: http://www.ppowgallery.com/main.html