There may be a Readercon thing later. In the meantime, reviews &c:
- Quimby’s bookshop in Chicago has an appropriately and hilariously named blog.
- Get a Spec Lit Foundation travel grant.
- Nisi Shawl on Endless Things in the Seattle Times:
“Endless Things” is the long-awaited fourth book in John Crowley’s epic magical realist “Aegypt” sequence. Despite the perpetualness its title might imply, it’s the concluding volume of the series, which first began to charm and intrigue readers 20 years ago.
- Matt Cheney on Generation Loss in Strange Horizons:
Just as lives that are only momentarily brilliant deserve celebration and respect, though, so do such novels, because life is dark enough that we need whatever illumination we can get, and there’s plenty to be had in Generation Loss.
- It may be true that of a recent night there was some drinkage and some talking about Harry Frickin Potter (to quote Brad Neely). Kelly took down a few notes for Salon.
- Go see the preview for The Jane Austen Book Club movie at Buzz Sugar and leave comments to puzzle regulars.