Small Beer Press
- was founded in 2000 and is run by Gavin J. Grant and Kelly Link.
- Head Brewmaster and CTO: Michael J. Deluca.
- Podcaster: Julie Day.
- Roaming Editor:Jedediah Berry
- Publishes books as Small Beer Press, Big Mouth House, and Peapod Classics, and occasionally chapbooks and a zine.
- Our books are always printed on recycled paper.
- We have an ebooksite for indie presses: Weightless Books.
- Titles for reprint, translation, book club, or audio use, as well as contact information.
- The Cooke Agency International (Cooke International) represents foreign rights for Small Beer Press. Contact [email protected].
- Subsidiary Rights (Film or dramatic, Audio, Large Print, &c.)
- Permissions Requests
- Review copy or author interview requests
- Special Sales (To non-book retailers corporations, organizations, catalogs, etc.)
- Letters to Authors
Small Beer Press 150 Pleasant St., #306 Easthampton, MA 01027 t/f: 413.203.1636 info at smallbeerpress.com We are not hiring nor looking for freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, copywriters, and so on.
- Proofreading: Paul Witcover, Robert Stauffer, India Amos, Pat Sims.
- Printers (book): Maple-Vail. Thomson-Shore (employee owned).
- Printer (galleys): Paradise Copies, Book Mobile, Fidlar Doubleday, King Printing.
- Printer (zines): The most excellent people at Paradise Copies, 21 Conz St., Northampton, MA 01060, 413-585-0414.
- Distribution: Consortium.
We started off with Pathway Book Service and moved to SCB Distributors. Different distributors fit different needs and we are still recommending people to each of the distributors listed here.
- Art: Kathleen Jennings, Shelley Jackson, Rafal Olbinski, Erica Harris, Brian Lei.
- Some of these.
Volunteers, &c. without whom we’d be nothing: March 2013: Our informal volunteer program is on hold for the foreseeable future. If you’d like to help here are a few less serious opportunities:
- We are always interested in website help.
- We could do with a few volunteer moderators for conversation threads and so on at Goodreads, LibraryThing, and any (almost) other site you can think of.
- We really enjoy fan videos.
- We have a full-size platen press in a dusty garage with no electricity. If this excites you and you want to work on it, contact us.
- We are always hoping for chefs, bakers, gardeners(!) and so on.
- We are seriously interested in more translations — especially of Angélica Gorodischer. However, we are monolingual (sorry) which makes the editorial process difficult. If you are a grad student looking for a translation project which may be of interest to us, we recommend Gorodischer’s Trafalgar* and Prodigies**.
* We are excited to report that this line here brought a translation our way and we are proud to announce that in 2013 we published Amalia Gladhart’s translation of Trafalgar. Thank you Amalia and the internets!
** And doubly excited that in 2015 we will publish Sue Burke’s translation of Prodigies.
Previously fantastic amounts of help were provided by:
Diane Kelly, Vanessa Scott, Gabrielle Mos, Ariel Franklin-Hudson, Gwyneth Merner, Caitlin Beck, Erik Gallant, Heidi Smith, Lauren Rile Smith, Julia Botero, Margaret Kinney, Katherine Duckett, Anna Katherine Sears, Danielle Baldassini, Kendell Diane Richmond, Leah Zander, Anna Brenner, Christian Desrosiers, Faune Albert, Sara Majka, Paul Bozzo, Felice Ling, Nicholas Miriello, Kristen Evans, Abram Thau, Samantha Guilbert, Cristi Jacques, Matthew Harrison, Su-Yee Lin, Hannah Goldstein, Molly Seeley, David Mitchell, Dustin Buchinski, Geoffrey Noble, Kimberly Pavlovich, Jennifer Terpsichore Abeles, Julie Day.
Thanks for reading.