Small Beer Press
- was founded in 2000 and is run by Gavin J. Grant and Kelly Link.
- Head Brewmaster and CTO: Michael J. Deluca.
- Podcaster: Julie Day.
- LCRW Assistant Editor: Jennifer Terpsichore Abeles.
- Roaming Editor: Jedediah Berry.
- Publishes books as Small Beer Press, Big Mouth House, and Peapod Classics, and occasionally chapbooks and a zine.
- Our books are always printed on recycled paper.
- We have an ebooksite for indie presses: Weightless Books.
For the following, please contact us at the address below:
- Subsidiary Rights (Film or dramatic, Audio, Large Print, &c.)
- Permissions Requests
- Review copy or author interview requests
- Special Sales (To non-book retailers corporations, organizations, catalogs, etc.)
- Letters to Authors
Small Beer Press
150 Pleasant St., #306
Easthampton, MA 01027
info at smallbeerpress.com
We are not looking for freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, copywriters, and so on.
- Proofreading: Paul Witcover, India Amos, Pat Sims.
- Printers (book): Thomson-Shore (employee owned). Maple-Vail. C-M Books.
- Printer (galleys): Paradise Copies, Book Mobile, Fidlar Doubleday, King Printing.
- Printer (zines): The most excellent people at Paradise Copies, 21 Conz St., Northampton, MA 01060, 413-585-0414.
- Distribution: Consortium.
We started off with Pathway Book Service and moved to SCB Distributors. Different distributors fit different needs and we are still recommending people to each of the distributors listed here.
- Art: Kathleen Jennings, Shelley Jackson, Rafal Olbinski, Erica Harris.
- Some of these.
Volunteers, &c. without whom we’d be nothing:
Winter 2012-3: Julie Day, Jennifer Terpsichore Abeles.
[March 2013 and onward: this is on hold. We expect to re-open in summer.]
We are often looking for motivated people to come in and help out. Our informal volunteer program features hands-on experience in book publishing and requires a commitment of 12 weeks (1 semester) of 5-10 hours per week in our office.
If you’d like to help here are a few less serious opportunities:
- We are always interested in website help.
- We could do with a few volunteer moderators for conversation threads and so on at Goodreads, LibraryThing, and any (almost) other site you can think of.
- We really enjoy fan videos.
- We have a full-size platen press in a dusty garage with no electricity. If this excites you and you want to work on it, contact us.
- We are always hoping for chefs, bakers, gardeners(!) and so on.
- We are seriously interested in more translations — especially of Angelica Gorodischer. However, we are monolingual (sorry) which makes the editorial process difficult. If you are a grad student looking for a translation project which may be of interest to us, we recommend Gorodischer’s Trafalgar* and Prodiges.
* We are excited to report that this line here brought a translation our way and we are proud to announce that have just published Amalia Gladhart’s translation of Trafalgar. Thank you Amalia and the internets!
Previously fantastic amounts of help were provided by:
Diane Kelly, Vanessa Scott, Gabrielle Mos, Ariel Franklin-Hudson, Gwyneth Merner, Caitlin Beck, Erik Gallant, Heidi Smith, Lauren Rile Smith, Julia Botero, Margaret Kinney, Katherine Duckett, Anna Katherine Sears, Danielle Baldassini, Kendell Diane Richmond, Leah Zander, Anna Brenner, Christian Desrosiers, Faune Albert, Sara Majka, Paul Bozzo, Felice Ling, Nicholas Miriello, Kristen Evans, Abram Thau, Samantha Guilbert, Cristi Jacques, Matthew Harrison, Su-Yee Lin, Hannah Goldstein, Molly Seeley, David Mitchell, Dustin Buchinski, Geoffrey Noble, Kimberly Pavlovich.
Thanks for reading.